Tuesday, September 05, 2006

1. One book that changed your life:
The Holy Bible

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
Anne of Green Gables, Little House on the Prairie (CRT, you really shouldn't be surprised), The Secret Garden, This Present Darkness, Piercing the Darkness

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
my Bible, my journal

4. One book that made you laugh:
lots of them... most recently, Guess How Much I Love You (because my baby laughed at me attempting to act it out and she often giggles when I act stupid)

5. One book that made you cry:
The Red Tent, On Becoming Babywise & Secrets of the Baby Whisperer (not necessarily while reading them, but after I realized how they are not the "bibles" of raising an infant, as some had claimed), The Letter Box, An Arrow Pointing to Heaven, Redeeming Love

6. One book that you wish had been written:
maybe I'll write it myself when I figure it out

7. One book you wish had never been written:
The Book of Mormon, The Koran

8. One book you’re currently reading: the Mommy Manual- Barbara Curtis

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
Harry Potter series, Dr. Sears' books, Twelve Extraordinary Women, The Five Love Languages

10. Now tag five people:
Zann
Angela
Steph
Becca
Gina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you tagged me and I don't have a blog. . .so, tag backs! You're it again. =P I still have your present, but my @## is too lazy to walk it down! I'll do it tomorrow! Promise
~gina

Anonymous said...

Being the annoying little sister that I am, I have to point out that you didn't follow directions. It says ONE book on each entry :) Okay, I'm done being annoying now.
1. The Holy Bible
2. This Present Darkness
3. Bible
4. George and Martha
5. it's a little kid's book... I'll Love You Forever is the name, I think. Someone read it very dramatically.
6. I don't think this one makes sense
7. The DaVinci Code: although interesting, people's ignorance has led to it being a pain in the butt. And it lead to what my movie conosueir husband referred to as a bad, poorly made movie. What a waste of money.
8. Master and Commander
9. Something by Agatha Christie

crt said...

bec: it is i'll love you forever. ("i love you forever. i'll like you for always. as long as i'm living my baby you'll be.") - You really need to read Agatha - yummy.
w.heart - i'm not surprised by laura, not in the least. :-)

Lauren said...

Gina- thanks for the gift. :-) you can leave your list in the comments, per the e-mail I sent along with it. If you happened to read the blog before the e-mail, then I forgive you. But you're it again, so leave the darn list in the comments when you get around to it. :-)

Bec-
Yep, you definitely got the type A genes that missed my DNA. Of course, we already knew that.
I need to read Master and Commander. Saw the movie, but haven't read the book. That's a shame since books are usually better.

crt-
yeah, i wanted to be laura ingalls until i visited Gramma's farm and realized what showering in the cellar surrounded by spiders is like... ok, maybe not that long, but i loved all of the books. the tv shows were always a disappointment. although i liked them, they never portrayed things quite how i'd imagined them.