Thursday, October 02, 2008

:)

My man is holding our little guy... there's something about seeing it that makes my heart melt. Over and over again.

Bear likes to put off going to bed by giving Mommy and Brother hugs and kisses. Over and over again. That makes my heart melt, too.

A cousin who lives across the country and I have not seen since our Grandpa's funeral, sent us a package today. We've received a lot of packages in the past month, but this one made my heart melt. I think it's because the fact that our relatives are all spread out, yet somehow my parents kept in touch with many of them through the years, and now some of us are keeping in touch. Some day we'll make it out to the SF Bay area for a visit.

Staples.com is prompt. Can't say that makes my heart melt, but it is a good thing. (Oh, yeah, punctuality is always a good thing.)

I think I'm going to see how much sleep I can get before our little guy wakes up for his next snack. But before I do, I am reminding myself that the newborn phase, with it's unpredictability, will pass far too quickly. It won't be long until it will feel like he's been smiling at me forever, and he'll move on to master a bigger skill. These first smiles make my heart melt. I wish I could capture one on camera, but they're still in the unpredictable stage. So for now, unless you happen to be right there and one of the few graced with my son's sweet smile straight into your eyes, I get to keep them for myself.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cant wait to see one! Oh how i miss those new baby days, lol!
-h