Thursday, July 16, 2009

less than 5 days until our first house is no longer our home

Our house is in a complete state of disarray right now. The storage unit has been procured and is being utilized little by little. In a nutshell, here are the things we've accomplished so far, with the help of wonderful family and friends who have generously helped in some way:

  • emptied kitchen cabinets, except cleaning supplies under sink
  • pantry emptied, except for plasticware and paper plates/bowls
  • laundry room/utility cabinet cleaned out
  • buddy's dressers emptied/packed
  • 4 loads of boxes and totes transported to storage unit
  • mini fridge defrosted
  • linen closet almost empty, except for a couple of sleeping bags and blankets
  • Stereo system disassembled
  • walls clear of photos and frames/decorations all packed up
Yet to do:
  • Empty remaining dressers and closets
  • Clean out under bathroom sinks/drawers
  • Desk area....
  • Miscellaneous boxes
  • Returned borrowed items to individuals
  • Clean, clean, clean...
That's the nuts and bolts. It doesn't begin to cover the emotions I'm feeling right now. I'm running in overdrive, I think. Little man developed the habit of waking up in the middle of the night during our travels the last couple of months.... so sleep is usually interrupted from 2-4am.

We still have a lot of unanswered questions, and are praying that the one thing that appears clear stays that way. We feel incredibly blessed to have received an offer on the house so quickly, and pray that the closing process continues to go as smoothly as the rest of the listing/selling process has gone.


The kiddos have been able to spend some time with friends this week, and I so appreciate those who have taken care of them while we've tackled the packing. One of the hardest parts of this process is realizing that there are people I should have reached out to more, and beginning to realize how much I'll miss so many people.

As for the unanswered questions, we pray that God directs our paths. Anyone who thinks they completely determine their own destiny must be greatly misguided; so many things are beyond our control. It's comforting to know that there is a time for everything, a purpose and a plan, and we don't have to know every step. Yes, this whole process has been a lesson in walking by faith. At times, very stressful, and other times very peaceful. Always a tiresome adventure.

3 comments:

Caslon said...

praying for you guys. things will all work out in the end. I'm glad ella held out for mom and dad to help you. that was nice of her. :)

Heather said...

We move every 6 months, so I feel your pain. Life has a path and it always seems to be the right one in the end. GL!
-h

Sara said...

Moving is just really hard, period. So much work and so many emotions. It is so good to know that there really is a plan and that we didn't come up with it.