sigh
I don't want to be Mrs. Negativity, but I am tired of hubby being away during the week. He's almost completed 1/4 of his training, so it is going by quickly. And I do have the better end of the deal... he got doused in pepper spray yesterday. But still, it's just hard. The kids know he is gone this time. I am making friends here, but last time I was surrounded by support, so literally. Neighbors, my parents within 40 minutes' drive, church family, long-time friends. I AM thankful that I don't have a new baby (or one on the way) to worry about. In fact, I've begun wondering if maybe two is enough. It is for now. We won't close that door permanently, so to speak, but instead of thinking about when we might want to try for a #3, I am zoning in on the two I've been blessed with. Or trying to.
We went to Kroger to buy ground coffee and more filters last night. Bear did not get into the car immediately as I had asked her too before I buckled Buddy in. She scared me half to death when I looked up and she was behind our car, a couple of feet into the aisle, oblivious to the car that had just passed. I yelled at her and tried to explain why it was not safe, and that she needed to obey and get into the car immediately when I open the door. (If you have kids, you can probably relate. Unless you are a super mom who manages to keep their kid on task all the time.) After I told her it would make me really sad if she got hurt badly, she said, "but you could have another baby." Huh? I responded by asking her if she would like another sibling. She thought for a moment and replied, "That would be wild and crazy."
She apparently knows that her Mommy is bordering on insane right now.
3 comments:
wow girl - you have your hands full!
I would zone in on just the two as well. :)
I'm sorry you miss j so much. wish I could come and see you but it's a miracle if I can make it through the day trying to have a "normal" routine. This 1 child makes me border on insanity!
I hope the time passes fast for you.
do I remember a little girl who ran out in front of a car in mineral point?? and yes her mom's heart stopped beating for a while!! remember that?? S was about 4...it's the age!!
I feel for you, Lauren! It is so hard not to have your hubby around! I am the type of person who needs that relief at the end of the day, and I know not all women are blessed to have husbands who are either willing or able to serve in that role, but when you have a hubby who is there for you (which I know Joel is!) it's hard when they can't be around. Hunting season is beginning for us next weekend, and then it's 3 months of David being gone on weekends. I hate it! He does his best to be around and help out, but he does want to be gone a lot more than I'd like!
~Amy
Post a Comment