Ok, so I am SO obsessed with one neighborhood that I took the map of the lots that was given to me and wrote an S on the ones that are sold as listed online, and made notes on the ones I am curious about. I even labelled the lots that border the 100 year flood plain. Ha! I think I will e-mail the sales rep and ask for a link to the CC&R's. I did see someone with a garden in their back yard.... not just containers, a real garden.
I REALLY want a place that is big enough for family to come visit and not have to stay in a motel/hotel/campsite/the driveway. It doesn't have to be huge, just have enough rooms to work with, you know?
Of course, technically hubby has not done a lot of actual work with his new job yet, and technically we don't like the commute, so we should technically probably wait to jump into home ownership again. (and the only way the commute would be better is to move to an entirely different metro area.) Thanksgiving at Caslon's made me itch for breathing room, well, outside at least. We were kind of crowded inside, but that's just cozy when you are with the people you love. And honestly, they have ample space for daytime, it's just sleeping that gets tricky when all of us invade.
so now I am praying for wisdom... when, where, etc... that tax rebate is sounding mighty attractive. I am loving quaint things about the town we have currently chosen for now. Perhaps we SHOULD drive around and consider other areas, but I am itching to feel settled.
However, the good news is that hubby will be home with us on Tuesday. Tech Mom and Dad are coming tonight, and we'll drive down to where hubby is tomorrow. Graduation is Monday. Yahoo! I am so proud of him and ready to have him home!
2 comments:
I'm feeling you on the drooling and day dreaming. Our little bitty house was fine when it was just the two of us and it was in between the two towns we worked in. But w/Kara it's feeling mighty small and with me home all the time it feels like it's in the boonies since it's about 15-20 miles to get to anything other than the grocery and McDonalds. So we've been daydreaming of more sq. footage (because like you, I'd like to have somewhere for people to stay when they visit instead of a hotel) and in or closer to Kingsport. But we don't know what we can afford now that we're on one income and don't know what our house is worth. So I'm right there with you day dreaming and emailing realtors on occasion.
Hubby's sister's dad-in-law is in commercial real estate up there... and has been for years. I bet he could recommend a good local residential realtor....
we THINK we've decided to look into rental homes, since there seem to be quite a few in the area that won't break our budget too badly. The state taxes down here are taking a bigger chunk than we expected... and I like not having to stress about finances b/c we are not house poor. But ask me again next week... :)
Post a Comment