Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Plexus Journal- one person's experiment

Ok... I am a skeptic.
I've tried MLM companies and their products and struggle because while I want to support friends' business endeavors, often the products don't deliver.  They are almost always expensive.

Well, I have prediabetes.  My last A1C test 2 years ago was 6.0.  I've dropped the ball and have not been tested since, but I have been exercising more and cut back on drinking pop and juice.

I have an appointment on March 16 for my long overdue physical.

A few friends use Plexus, most of them are not in the same downline, and then my sister suggested I try it (again... I received a sample from a friend a couple of years ago. It was ok, but not great... but what can you really tell in a week?)

So...  here goes... In the next month or two, I am going to periodically document my observations while using Plexus Slim and Priobio5 once a day.  The company touts stabilizing of blood glucose, weight loss, and gut health as benefits... this is my 1-person non-scientific study, observations, and opinions.  I have a 30 day supply of Slim and 60 capule bottle of Priobio5:

Might be TMI at times, so read at your own risk.

I may or may not respond to comments, don't take it personally if you stumble across this... I am not a professional blogger and do not aspire to be.

I am 40 years old and weigh 156 pounds as of the beginning of this experiment.


2/27- 1 glass Plexus slim.  I want to believe I had more energy in the afternoon than I normally do without my afternoon coffee.  Really, I do. I forgot about the probiotic... oops.

2/28-  The Pink Drink is not so bad.  I like the flavor better than Shakeology, but it doesn't have all the extra superfood nutrients, so....  I'm skeptical. But at least it's less expensive.
 M, B, S, E, and D all seem to love it, and don't even know eachother, and I really like them, so... I will give it a fair try.

There are MANY negative reviews online, so of course my husband thinks it's a scam and a pyramid scheme because he suspects the majority of people who sign up as ambassadors spend more than they sell of the product to non-ambassadors....  it reeks of Amway/Quixtar in that sense.... ugh. Been there, done that, don't want to go back...

Where's the precise nutritional data?  Exactly what is in this stuff??? I really do think it helped boost my energy a little. But would it be worth the monthly $132 retail?  Doubtful.... we're cheap/frugal/try to be wise with our financial choices. It seems that truly fixing our grocery purchases and eating habits would be a more cost-effective investment for the whole family. I want to believe a pill and a drink mix can help keep me from getting diabetes, really, I do...

I took a probiotic capsule before dinner... so far I still feel my usual bloat and constipation, and I've increased my water intake to at least 60 ounces today... working up to that goal of 80.

I wonder how long it's supposed to take to start noticing measurable results?

Is the insomnia I am dealing with going to get better with these products over time? It would be great if they would help that in addition to all the other awesome things they are supposed to do for my health... I've been up since 11:30 and want to get back to sleep.

3/2/17:
My fasting glucose level was 113 this morning at 7:15 a.m.  That's about what it was running the last time I checked it first thing, so 3 days in, no significant improvement yet.

No comments: