Friday, July 24, 2020

Run The Year 2020

I fell asleep with one of my kids, woke up 2 hours later, and now I have insomnia. I'm tired of the drama on Facebook, I'm anxious because I have SO much to do but need rest, and contemplating oh. so. much. In 2017, I signed up for Run the Year, an online challenge. I completed 373 miles according to their tracker, but when I go back to a screen shot of the currently useless mapmyrun tracker, I see a total of 419 miles that year.  UnderArmour/mapmyfitness says they will add that functionality back, but in case they don't, I am logging on another platform in addition to my challenge tracker.

As of tonight, my challenge tracker has me approaching 400 miles, and my goal is to get there this month.  My original goal for the year was 500, but I'm going to try to push myself beyond that... dare I hope for 700?


The big milestone for me, however, is that I decided to be a parent volunteer for my kids' Cross Country team.  My daughter ran last year, I am dragging her brother with us as pre-season training for recreational soccer, and we'll see if he sticks with it!  My goal is to hang near the back of the pack with the slower kids and encourage them.  Since both females who coached last year resigned (for very good personal  reasons), I also felt like the girls need a woman around at least some of the time.   Last year, after almost completely stopping running and only walking intermittently, I let the kids talk me into doing a parent race at one of the Invitational Meets.  I came in dead last.  I had to walk so much.  My goal is to run it this year and finish strong. I have 2 months to train, and since I am now training with the kids, I should get there.

My RTY Teammates have led us to already reaching well over 2020 miles total as a team, and my goal is to have my best year yet and not flop by August like I usually do!



No comments: