Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday: Christmas card display

Well, I haven't been posting as much lately, so I thought I'd share what's working for me and see what you guys do.

I have 2 ways I display my cards. 1 is a 3-4 foot long carboard card holder thingy that I bought from a school fundraiser. It holds the photo cards and horizontal cards. The other is an idea I got from my Mom. She always used to hang the horizontal cards over a fishing wire or dental floss tacked into the dining room wall. Well, I've taken a string of yarn and tied it from one end of the top of the blinds (in my dining room, last year I did it in the living room, I think) to the other, and that's where I am hanging my top-fold cards. I may also start clipping the other cards to it with clothespins.

What works for you, so the cards from loved ones don't get buried on the counter?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have two long pieces of ribbon that hang straight down on either side of the archway between our living room and dining room, and I have our cards paperclipped to the ribbon.

Anonymous said...

I usually just prop the cards on my fireplace. However, I wouldn't recommend it. A small burst of wind brings all of them tumbling to the floor.