Monday, December 17, 2007

our little wren(?) on our porch

bird's nest

chrysalis or caccoon?


Reaching for the sole remaining yellow leaf...

5 comments:

Tech Mom said...

cute pictures--looks like you have residents!!

crt said...

cocoon. it's woody. chrysalis' are opaque and smooth. at least this is true of all the cocoons and chrysalis' we have collected. collect it and house it and find out what pops out!

Samantha said...

Hannah, you need to drink more milk and grow a little taller before you reach that little leaf.

Lauren said...

I don't feel like sinking my stepladder into the soft ground to reach it... and I don't have a bug catching box quite yet. I suppose gladware would suffice if I poked holes in the lid.

crt said...

i've even used clear salad containers. how many bug catchers can i really afford? while they are in the cocoon, they don't need air holes. just take a glob of play dough and stick the branch in it to keep it vertical-ish. :-)