Saturday, October 04, 2008

my adventures in babywearing

So far, my babywearing adventures post-delivery have been limited. Tech Mom made me a GORGEOUS ring sling which I posted about earlier, and I had difficulty using it. However, using Steph Precourt's video as a guide, I have been able to make it work for us... tummy to tummy definitely feels more secure. I have also carried "Buddy" cradle hold style as well as tummy to tummy in the Lite on Shoulder Baby holder slings which my dear friends Steph and Anna got me as a shower gift. They are perfect when I want to spend time outside without messing with the stroller/infant carrier. I've even done a little gardening wearing my little guy... cut back dead gladiola leaves. And played frisbee with Bear. It's so nice to be able to hold the baby and spend quality time with his big sister! Oh, and this morning I slipped him into the sling while I ate my toast, because I was not in the mood for a fussy child after a near-perfect night (10:0-4:00 sleeping, feeding, then sleeping until 7 again). I think I'll get the hang of these sling things!

2 comments:

Tech Mom said...

So glad the slings are working--Brandon must have gotten the same sleep gene as Hannah!!

Heather said...

I never used them with my 2 but am very excited to use slings for my next kids. Glad they are working out for you.
-h