Sunday, January 11, 2009

My mom is officially a senior citizen starting today. That sounds old. That makes me feel old.
We had her and Dad over for dinner, a last minute idea, and in the like-mother-like-daughter-fashion, a small part of my bundt cake stuck to the pan. So in spite of my best intentions, it did not look perect. But that did not matter, it tasted yummy, especiallytopped with vanilla-sugared strawberries and whipped cream.

We had a nice visit, and while I know at least one of them really thinks moving to a warmer climate will be best for their health, I can't really hide my relief that their house has not sold yet. That means they can travel to warmer places, but they still have to come home every so often.

In spite of our quirks and differences, it's nice to live fairly near them. After all, aren't the quirks and differences what make family.... family?

If my mom read this blog, I would say happy birthday to her on here. But she doesn't, so I told her in person.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh the joys of growing old....
-h

Stephanie said...

Did you get the book I sent over with your dad? Sorry it took so long!!!!