Tuesday, January 06, 2009

oh, crap.....

I just clicked over to a friend's blog and learned that she has lost another baby. Her son would have been a couple of weeks older than my baby. Our kids were supposed to grow up online together (we've never actually met in real life, but if I ever make it to her part of the country, you can bet I want to try to meet her!!!).

I just don't get it. Why, God? Why dangle the hope and then snatch it away like Lucy taking the football from Charlie Brown. But a million times more cruel. Why do I get to post about how big my little one is, when my friend has lost three babies since this time last year?

I know the theology. God is Sovreign, blah, blah, blah. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Sometimes we don't want perfection, we just want to hold the little one that we think is ours.

Things like this make me understand how people can become Atheists. I'm not saying I am going there, but I can definitely see how others get there. I pray that the Holy Spirit provides the hope that only He can give when it's needed.

Please pray for my friend Kristi and her husband. Pray for her son and daughter, as they mourn the loss of another sibling they did not get to know.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Grace said...

I totally understand how you feel. It's not understandable. I'll be praying.

Heather said...

When I was preggo with Tiago, an online lady from bbc lost her son and its hard to deal wth but she tells me that she is thankful that i remember her son every year, and i remind her, i remember him every day!
-h

Kristi said...

I love you...