change
Change is often good, but rarely easy. I suppose there are people whose temperament requires them to live in a constant state of change. I'm not one of those. While I do enjoy experiencing new places, cultures, meeting new people, etc.... in spite all my talk on the blog, old habits are hard to break.
But sometimes life necessitates change. Life would, in fact, be boring without it. That still doesn't make it easy.
This weekend, we have had lots of help preparing for some potentially big changes in our lives. That's not easy for this procrastinaholic.
I have a lazy streak. I'm not sure where it came from, as both of my parents work hard. Not always efficiently, but steadily. Several years ago, while my Dad was on sick leave and on IV antibiotics with a nurse coming in to check on him, he built a hutch for the top of a chest of drawers. Dad attempted to build a boat... it got damaged in our move halfway across the country, and never floated, but we built it. Well, he built it. Mom calls herself a one-at-atime person, but she does her best, and tried to teach me to do my best.
After a week of Spring Cleaning, I am exhausted. My kids are relatively "easy" kids... they are sweet, fun, and often as patient as one could expect a 3 1/2 year old and 8 month old to be. I am SOOO thankful for the help we had this weekend, because one of us was always able to continue tackling a project or sit down with a little.
So what am I doing as hubby is quickly filling up the storage closet and going through piles of stuff? Procrastinating, I guess is the politically correct term. He could at least take a break on his birthday!!!
3 comments:
ha - I like that you at least admit that you're a procrastinator and tend to be "lazy" - I really doubt that you're as lazy as you think you! But I'm there with you, sister! We have lived in this house since September and there's a million things that could be done - pictures on the walls, sorting, cleaning, curtains, etc. But have I done it!?!? oh no! so I can relate totally to your post! hee, hee!
I'm not much for change either. In contrast, Josh gets itchy when he has been somewhere too long-- I'd say it's part of growing up in the military.
We all have strengths and weaknesses in our lives... don't forget to remember all the things that you are great at when your heart starts to get heavy with the things that don't come as easy.
Go go go... good for you to keep at it.
-h
Post a Comment