Wednesday, January 06, 2010

observation
Whether people admit it or not, apologetics, i.e. defense of ones beliefs, are everywhere.  Just as the devout Christian will defend his or her faith, an agnostic or atheist will explain their unbelief.
*******
a·pol·o·get·ics
  (ə-pŏl'ə-jět'ĭks)   
n.   (used with a sing. verb)
  1. The branch of theology that is concerned with defending or proving the truth of Christian doctrines.
  2. Formal argumentation in defense of something, such as a position or system.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
*******
Moving on...

3 comments:

crt said...

are you doing a dictionary word of the day? or are you ticked off?

Tech Mom said...

Yeah--I was wondering the same thing!!

Lauren said...

Neither. Just observing and pondering a recent dialogue on FB with someone you don't know. :)

Well, I am kind of in a bad mood today, but that has nothing to do with it. And I was actually in a pretty good mood when I did the post.