Still waiting for inspiration for the ultimate blog post or theme idea....
There was a point where I could write about anything and/or everything on here. Right now, I'm just not feelin' it. Perhaps it's because it's 5:23 a.m. and I would rather be asleep. Or maybe, I just don't feel like being brutally honest with the blogosphere and need to write a good old-fashioned-paper-journal entry to process my thoughts.
It's been good having hubby home from training for the weekend. This stint is much shorter, thank God. And much less stressful for him. I love having home. The kiddos love their Daddy, and he obviously loves them. It's nice to have someone who will share the hours of being used as playground equipment, and I must confess, sometimes I turn my Mommy self off and let him "handle it." "It" could be anything from putting a dvd in the player to a tantrum to a diaper change, but it's just nice to have him back to do this part of who he is. I don't know how military Moms and single Moms do it.
So, I've had people ask and have been asking myself... what career would I have if I wanted to work in a monetarily paid position? I don't know. That bothers me. I wish I could say it bothers me because I am so overwhelmed with joy where I am at that I would not ever want to be doing anything else. Nope, I'm actually a bit in the-burnt-out-lost-myself-and-feel-like-I-do-nothing-well mode. (That might have something to do with the lack of recent posts.) Don't get me wrong. I love my family. But I am not Martha Stewart, June Cleaver, Carol Brady (who had a housekeeper, btw), Rachael Ray or anyone else. I'm me, whoever and whatever that is. I wouldn't go back to teaching without getting my Master's Degree, but I can't see myself going back to school anytime soon. Customer Service? Umm... so I like to think I was good at that, but I can't say I loved it. Tutoring? I miss my kids. Even though I only had most of them for a short time, I miss their unique personalities, and I enjoyed the networking aspect of managing the center. Retail? No, thank you. BTDT. Unless I got some really cool product along with my wages. And I don't mean samples that I had to buy (even at a discount) for my inventory or show, I mean genuinely free goods.
I need to go back to sleep. I actually feel like I might be able to right now. That is a good thing, unless of course one of the littles decides to wake up uncharacteristically early. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment