Thursday, April 15, 2010

my procrastinaholicism reached a new low

One might think I exaggerate how badly I tend to put things off.  I don't.  If you don't believe me, this will convince you.

The missing referral my sis mentioned in her recent blog post?   Mine.  I got the letter in early February.

Anything that looks like a big project makes me freak.  Housework, for instance.  I wonder how much it would cost a professional organizer to come help my purge and sort this place and the storage unit.  Hubby is sick of stubbing his toes on the kids toys in the living room.  (I say we need a bigger living room.) 

Yeah, well, for once my irrational nadaphobia (my word for fear of nothing) impacted someone else more than myself. She's accepted my apology.  (In her words, she "knows how I roll.")  The referral is in the mail, the other missing links in their adoption process are being filled in, and soon they will be one step closer to having a brother or sister for my niece, J.

It's not even that I didn't want to do it, I was honored to be asked.  Let's just say that I'm glad I'm not the one going through a psych eval right now.
****

1 comment:

happymcfamily said...

It's really ok... like I mentioned it is only making a couple days worth of difference. Now if you kept delaying after this, we might have had some words :-) haha. Don't beat yourself up over it.