getting closer
And what am I doing instead of packing? The usual, of course. Either playing online or crocheting.
I am happy to report that the house should be ours in 2 weeks. If all goes well, we should be moving in less than 3.
\
Part of me is ecstatic. And part of me is anxious. Because that's how I roll. The house... is huge. Plenty of room for guests. Lots of wood flowers that are pretty and I am scared of ruining. (Most of them are brand new). Two staircases inside, one out, a deck, a basement for those tornado watches, plus a tile-floored room that will be great for the kiddos toys and art and craft projects. So much potential, being almost 2 decades old it does still need some maintenance.
HAve I mentioned the kitchen? Thank you God, for a granite Island, stainless sink and brand new dishwasher. It has a backyard that slopes down then levels out.... prefect for sledding, next winter, I hope. (Winters are short down here. I suppose we could get some snow after we move in.)
I've felt in limbo for so long that I don't know if it's possible for me to ever feel settled.
I am going to miss the friends I've begun to make here, Bear will miss her friends at PreK and the others we've gotten to know. Please come visit.
The good news? We have friends in East TN who we will get to reconnect with, including my Aunt and Uncle. We'll be closer to friends we left in middle TN, and conveniently located not far off the interstate on the way East to Gatlinburg. Who needs a rest area when you can stop at our house?
1 comment:
just want you to know that I enjoy your writing and am looking forward to your new post as you are moved into your new home now!
Post a Comment