Struggling here lately. I weaned off some meds, perhaps a little earlier than I should have, but that was just how it worked out. For some reason it is even harder to make those little choices that add up and determine the flow and attitude of the day. Coincidence? I think not.
So off I go to make better choices, one minute at a time, and pray for patience in the areas which I cannot control.
But first, here's a quote shared by Kristin Russell, author of the blog "
Hair In My Coffee."
I'm not OK, you're not OK, and that's OK. ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
2 comments:
I'm not sure this might help, but a book that has helped me replace meds with supplements/vitamins is Optimum Nutrition for the Mind by Patrick Holford out of the UK. A friend of mine who is a university scientist/professor in the birth trauma group with me lent it to me after she found the suggestions helpful for her PTSD symptoms. It has been incredible so far, and most of what I'm supplementing with would be okay to take in pregnancy. I still have to tweak things to get the right balance, but the fact that I'm not dying from PPD/D in February in an area that gets rain ten months of the year is amazing. It might be worth checking into to see anyway. Just thought I'd mention it in case you would be interested.
I've found that just decreasing the caffeine and upping the water for normal pregnancy has helped a lot, but some days are still just hard. Vit B-complex also helps. That book sounds interesting, I will have to look into it. Thanks!
Post a Comment