I'm relieved to check in and document that as of Sunday, I set a new distance record for myself. 9 miles. I'm also oh so thankful that instead of being upset, hurt, or angry that my last post included a bit of venting and some indirect criticism, after reading it, my husband gave me a huge hug and said he was sorry I felt neglected, and he would help make sure I can train.
The race is just over a month away. Whaaaat?
Stepping up the distance is really hard. I miss the security of having a running partner on my long runs. Now that I'm in the country, I feel somewhat isolated and prefer driving into town to run where there are more people around. Paranoid, perhaps. I love aspects of running on country roads. The tranquillity, the scenery, the lack of traffic whizzing past. On the other hand , the isolation of running alone can be a bit daunting.
That being said, I'm pretty excited that I'm almost 3/4 of the way to my target distance. I struggle with setting goals and following through, so this is huge.
No comments:
Post a Comment