Monday, November 05, 2007

"bloggin'" buds reunite!

Guess who just left my house?












ZANN!!!

She was visiting friends and family for the weekend, and my house is kinda sorta on the way back to her home, hubby and dog. She brought me a set of sheets that she had bought and been unable to return after realizing they were too small for her bed, and she brought baby bear a meowing kitty cat, a little purse, and a necklace.

We ate lunch together, had a cup of coffee each (not bear, she had milk),
and then she headed out.

It was so nice to see her again! It's been at least 3 years since we've seen each other in person. She's actually the one who introduced me to blogger and got me reacquainted with some other old friends. We met over 10 years ago (or is it 15 now?... that makes me feel really old, let's just say 10) and she even came to our wedding.

I'm so glad you were able to come meet Baby Bear, Zann! Drive home carefully!

6 comments:

FarmWife said...

Hurray!! Sounds like you had a great visit. Some day we'll have to have a TN & former residents blogging convention!

BTW, I love your hair!!

crt said...

glad you gad fun with zann. apparently, you can help stop a croup cough by taking the child outside in cold air or putting their head in the freezer if it isn't cold outside. i learned something new at choir practice tonight.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun! Also, you can help stop a croup cough by turning on the shower super hot and hanging out in the bathroom for about 15-20 minutes. The moist steam caused by the hot water in the shower helps the inflammation.

Lauren said...

Thanks ladies... yeah, the cold air helped her when we took her to the ER... she sounded much better by the time they saw her.

I've got the humidifier going in her room tonight... she was sounding a lot better, but the cough seems to be coming back. And her temp's back up to 101... down from what it was, but still higher than normal.

I hope we didn't give it to Zann.

zann said...

I seem to be a-okay.
And I'm home... well now I'm at work, but I did make it back safely last night. Had a wonderful time with you and Bear! She's just a doll and a hoot to talk to. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Hope we can do it again before another 3 years pass us by.

Nan said...

How great! I was so surprised to come by and see Zann had visited with you. I loved the pictures.