Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday Meme




If there is hope for me to learn crochet,
there is hope for anyone!!!

1st attempts:
Tackled over Thanksgiving weekend:

Why am I posting this when there are several obvious flaws in my first hotpad?
1) To encourage others to try and not be afraid of the struggle.
2) To encourage myself somewhere down the road, when I am working on a real project like an afghan for a friend's baby... I will be able to see how far I have come.

Crochet is one of many lost handcrafted forms of artwork in our society. Well, almost lost. But there is something special about a handmade blanket, whether it's crocheted, knitted, or sewn. My goal is to be able to make blankets that are worthy of being given as gifts.... eventually.
I know, I will have to actually count my stitches and make them looser. And learn prettier stitch combos. But you have to start somewhere.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been crocheting too (self taught), I think you are getting off to a good start.

Haley said...

I am just barely learning to crochet myself... so I know where you're coming from. Keep it going, you're doing great!

Also, thanks for the reminder about my little man, you're so right! They grow too fast!

Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Early Worless Wednesady, or Happy Wordless Tuesday, to some. I have some done, but I still need to re-pack for my cruise Dec 8! I pack once, then do a once over a week before! Im going with BFF!!! WOO HOOO! I also have my Wednesday up already too! Come visit me!

Grace said...

Good for you! You'll get it! My grandma taught me when I was ten, so I had someone actually teach me, I can't imagine trying to teach myself how to do it.

Anonymous said...

my dad's mum taught me when I was 4. Then I forgot. I taught myself again, and now that my mom's mom lives with me I go running to her and say Help when I screw up..Then She laughs and we remove all the stitches and do it again.

You can do this. It's great that you photographed too..Because you can see in Pictures how far you've come.

Samantha said...

You should be proud of your accomplishment. I have about half a dozen crafts that I started and never finished. I'm impressed!

Nan said...

My grandma showed me the simplest stitch when I was little. I always think of her when I think of crocheting. I've still got pillowcases she edged and doll dresses she made.

I love it that you posted your first work. It's inspiring that you are so determined to learn.

OKeedokey said...

Good for you. Maybe I'll tackle that some day. There are so many things to tackle!!!!