Sunday, December 23, 2007

Family time is good.

I am blessed to have in laws who don't fit the stereotype of the dreaded in-laws. ;)
Baby Bear will be beside herself with both sets of grandparents to dote on her tomorrow.
Tech Dad is providing entertainment of sorts with his dulcimer and accordion. Not at the same time, in case you wondered.

We played a new game tonight (Apples to Apples). It was fun. Light. Good. It would be boring to play with complete literalists. Thankfully, none of us fit in that category.

The only downside? I doubt we'll have a white Christmas. But I guess that's better than waking up to 40 mph winds, 9+ inches of snow, and 8 degrees, as DH's Gramma and extended relatives are facing up in the Midwest. Pray that Gramma doesn't try to shovel too much snow herself, when there are people with plows and snowblowers who are willing to help. (She cannot stand to be lazy. Wish that would rub off on me to some degree.)

Long-distance cards have been mailed, I guess the local ones might make it by New Year's. I found my address book. On the desk. Under everything else. In case you wondered.

Tech Mom brought me new Christmas lights because DH banished me from buying any more decorations, and then one of the strands died so we had half a tree lit. Only a woman can appreciate the importance of a fully lit Christmas tree.

My computer's battery is almost dead. Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed-bugs bite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

merry christmas!!

zann said...

A merry Christmas to you!!
I love Apples to Apples, it is one of my favorite games. May not be fun with complete literalists but it is a hoot with creative types.