Thursday, December 27, 2007

insomnia...

I woke up to pee 2.5 hours ago. I can't sleep. I find myself wondering if I can get my doctor's office to let me come in earlier for my firs official OB visit. What? You ask. You don't really know if it's real yet?

My body thinks it is. 2 positive HPT's and bloodwork at the OB office which showed my progesterone levels looked "absolutely wonderful", according to the nurse. But other than fatigue and frequent peeing, symptoms have not consistently kicked in. (The gag reflex doesn't count- I have than when I'm not pregnant.) Part of me is grateful, as I don't particularly like kneeling before the porcelain throne. But in light of last January, part of me wants more proof. My 1st visit isn't scheduled until 1/11. At the time, when the nurse told me the bloodwork looked good, I was thinking, "oh good, let's keep it later so we can see more on the first sonogram. I can wait." Ha. Me? Wait? Patiently? When have I done that?

Really, I just want some sleep. And to know that my baby is ok and my body is not imagining this.

3 comments:

FarmWife said...

Don't get yourself all worked up, honey. All 4 of my pregnancies were drastically different. I never threw up with any of them, but was horribly nauseaus(?) with #1 Son...weepy with BabyGirl...angry with B.B. Just because you don't "feel pregant" doesn't mean anything's wrong.

But if it makes you feel better, call your OB & tell them you want an earlier appointment & an ultrasound to reassure you. Most OB's would understand especially with your history.

Bless you!

Lauren said...

I keep telling myself every pregnancy is different. Thanks for the confirmation. :)

Sara said...

I didn't throw up with any pg and the symptoms were different with all 3. This one I was exhausted from the get go and I'm thinking that it's b/c my progesterone levels were a lot higher than with Allison. With the first I didn't get any levels done until it was already over b/c we were on vacation but I had soreness in the uppermost regions that I didn't have with either of the other 2.

Can you get an hcg level done? Then it's a least something and you do get the u/s later on which is fun!