(reposted from last year...in case anyone is interested!)
General Gardening Tips:
- Univ. of Arkansas: Planning, Preparing & Planting a Vegetable Garden
- The Helpful Gardener
- Doug Green's Beginner Gardening
- USA Gardener
Coffee Grounds as natural fertilizer (add nitrogen to the soil)
Coffee Grounds as a planting medium
Non-Toxic Weed Killers:
- 7 Deadly homemade weed killers
- Weed killer recipes from a country life
I was toying with the idea of using vinegar to kill the grass and weeds in my garden patch... but another sources says it will sterilize the soil... so that doesn't sound like a great plan...
Veggies & Fruits:
Flowers:
- Roses: what to plant near them
- Roses: how to care for them
- Roses: how to prune
- Maiden Pink (dianthus)
- Bulbs
- Calla Lilies
- Calla Lilies-link
- Columbine
- Clematis
- Acidanthera
- Gladiola
- Lilies
- Mums
- Stargazer lilies
Pest Control:
Raised-Bed Gardens
(disclaimer: I am not sure we're motivated enough to build one of these, but I'm including the links because the idea fascinates me.)
Butterfly & Hummingbird Gardening
Original post 3/22/08
3 comments:
I'm trying the boiling water method as we speak.
I really like your gardening links! What a great idea to share those with us. We use coffee grounds, too. We always pick them up from Starbucks but we also use our own. Great post!
Love your roses!! I'm glad you got some this year.
Post a Comment