Friday, June 06, 2008

1st crochet lesson

I've made a few unsuccessful attempts to teach myself to crochet, and so far my efforts have resulted in mere swatches. A sweet neighbor, who embroidered personalized burp cloths and a little snuggle duck for Bear when she was born, has offered to teach me on several occasions. So today, since hubby was off, I headed to her house during Bear's nap time.

Progress is being made. I'm sure it won't be perfect, but the pattern is forgiving AND makes the yarn softer than what I was attempting to do before. I've already worked on it longer than the 3 hour project estimate states and am just getting started (2-3 inches done), but maybe, just maybe it will be done before little man decides to come out. It should be a good size for tucking over him in his car seat. I decided to start small.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can do it girl..just keep at it