Saturday, June 14, 2008

blue girl?

Here's what my 1st blue girl bud looked like yesterday. Unfortunately, it looked a little brown around the edges after last night's rain showers. It might have something eating it, too...
I'm glad I captured it yesterday. I may have to do some research on rose TLC.
"Caslon" can correct me if I am wrong, but I think I see a little hint of blue in it's shade of pink. Or perhaps it's the name of the rose that makes me think I see blue undertones.
Anyway, it WAS pretty... I hope the future blooms turn out pretty and it's not infested or infected by something!

7 comments:

Tech Mom said...

Caslon is the rose person--all I know is that things love to eat them!! But the rose is beautiful!!!!

Sara said...

Very pretty! My mom laughed when she saw our one scrawny plant and said she couldn't believe we still had it. We could sure use some of your green thumb. And on another note, can't believe you baby count down ticker is in the single digits!

Grace said...

BTW... did you know that if you change your template with "the cutest blog on the block" templates that you don't lose all your links? The link is in the corner of my new template!!!
Cool beans!!

Sara said...

I thought of you today, we went to the Botanical Gardens. You'd love them, Hannah too b/c they have a super fun children's garden now.

Lauren said...

grace- thanks for the tip. I have been preoccupied with my craft project lately... now I just need to mail it before the baby girl it's for is born!

Caslon said...

Blue girl does have blue in it, it's closer to a violet than straight up pink. A very pretty rose. I would look at getting Seven or something else organic and safe for you and baby. My roses have had a hard year, they bloomed like crazy but had slugs, leaf-cutter bees, and a bad case of black-spot. They are on the road to recovery but it's been a hard year...

Lauren said...

I think we have some Seven... hopefully J will sprinkle it for me. Whatever it is is mostly attacking the buds themselves.. they must be sweet roses!