Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving came and went without a post.

Facebook has taken over my internet communication I guess.

I'm thankful for a lot.

Today, a friend who I would like to get to know better shared her testimony of dealing with loss... specifically, miscarriage, as part of the "Our Messes, God's Mercies" series at church. Her baby would have been about a month younger than my son, and I was so looking forward to getting to know her better by having one of our kids in the same class or hanging out in the nursing (or bottle feeding) moms' room during the service. But in spite of my disappointment, I was so happy to hear that she is healing, over a year later now. And I don't know if there are hopes for another child, but I pray that if that's part of God's plan for their family, the baby will be healthy. I wish everyone could experience the joy of having a child after losing one, though I know that it's not always practical (i..e. if the child lost is older), or possible, for whatever reason. I am so thankful that I had another chance and now have a precious 3 month old son!

I never really intended this blog to be just about pregnancy, but there's something in the water these days. My brother's wife is expecting, several friends are due before Christmas, and our good friend who hooked us up had her baby boy on Thanksgiving.

Baby's mad... gotta go rescue hubby.

1 comment:

The Arteagas said...

well, pregnancies and babies seem to consume our life don't they? I love to hear about babies born on Thanksgiving (since I was born on T-day myself). There's something special about it and the fact that our bdays only fall on Thanksgiving once every few years or so! Anyways - thanks for sharing what you are thankful for!