Thursday, August 13, 2009

almost move day!

I tend to use facebook instead of my blog to share things these days. But for the moment, I've grown weary of using my status update as a blog post, so I'm back.
It's almost time.

We're having lunch with hubby's colleagues today, I'm hoping it's good-bye and not good-riddance. Although the work itself has not been a perfect fit for him, we have met some wonderful people. I know I'll keep on with two families on the blogosphere. :)

It's time to pack up the belongings we've used the past month and prepare to go to our new apartment in Georgia. I took some photos of our living arrangements, but I haven't decided if I will post them or not because they aren't really in house-showing condition at the moment.

We've visited with quite a few people the last few weeks. So far, I've only burst into tears at good-bye once. The hardest part is feeling like I was just really getting to know some people, and wondering if we'll keep in touch like we say we will.

I am most looking forward to having our own rooms again. We've been sharing a room with Bear, and Buddy inevitably joins us in our bed around 2 a.m. In spite of extra padding in the pack n play, he's probably only slept through the night in his room twice a week during our stay here. That might be a generous estimate.

I really need to get packing so we can load up easily tomorrow....

No comments: