Monday, January 04, 2010

new year, new me... sort of

As you see here, I bought a planner for the year.  I did not want an expensive Franklin Covey or anything like that, but I wanted something that was fun to look at... something that would inspire me to open it up.  I found this at Wal-Mart, for about $6.  And I love the little photo sleeve!  It has just what I need... month at a glance and lines for my to make small lists of what I want to accomplish during the week.
I made a list before I went to bed last night. then I actually did 4/6 of the things on that list today.  It feels good to see check marks next to the things I got done, and to realize there were things I did that were not on the list at all.

I've got a multitude of thoughts running through my head.  You might catch glimpses of them on here if I post more than once a week, or if they make it to my Facebook status.  My track record with New Year's resolutions is pretty spoor, so I think I'll cling to Micah 6:8 and hope for a little bit of Proverbs 31 in there somewhere.



6 comments:

Caslon said...

i like your book! Just remember that life should be about tastes...not tasks. Enjoy things even if that means not getting everything done.

Lauren said...

Oh, yes. But I have not enjoyed living in a state of complete chaos and uncertainty, and I am enjoying my 2nd day of seeking some balance. I'm ok with not getting everything done. Especially when it means extra time with Buddy or Bear on my lap.

~gina said...

I've been using that planner since I was in high school. . .LOVE it! I used to get it in all three sizes, now it is just my pocket planner and this year my desk planner.

The Arteagas said...

love your planner - I should get myself one - I love lists and used to do them all the time when I worked full-time in the office. I never thought to have one after I had kids - I mean really - what would I put on it? Change 10 diapers, do 14 feedings and try to get in a nap!?!! smiles! seriously, your post motivates me to try to go back to one! it'll be good for me! Especially since kids are so distracting anyways - maybe it'll help me remember things! Happy New Year!

Lauren said...

G- great minds think alike. :) Or did you rub off on me? ;)

R- That's how I felt until this year... I had very little desire to use one. This one is just right for me, not too complicated, not too big, but big enough.

Heather said...

Im a list person myself only because i have a horrible memory but it does feel great at the end of the day to see all the those check marks. good luck!
-h