Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wandering back around...

A very popular networking site has pretty much replaced my blog for a while.  However, status updates are not exactly the same as an entire blog entry.  The just provide a glimpse, and that's about it.  A blog, for me, has been a bit of a journal in the past.  No, I haven't posted my most intimate thoughts here, but I have expanded on some of those glimpses.  Plus, there are certain things I really don't want everyone I know to read.  And I KNOW that not everyone I know reads this.  So right now I am in the process of figuring out what to post where.  I don't want all my FB friends and family to see my exercise log (or lack thereof).  If you are reading this, it means you have stuck around long enough to care (or not) about what I write here.  You obviously aren't going to judge me on my grammar (or lack thereof), my "outline" (or lack thereof- hence the blog title), my frequency (or infrequency), or my maturity (or immaturity).

So, my wandering for tonight....
Hubby's new job is going well.  He's learning a lot, challenged by what he does, and feels like it's a good fit.  Words can't express how proud and happy that makes me.

But... we have to get used to his travel.  For now, at least.  I really don't know which is harder... having him work midnights on the beat in an unsafe area of the city, or just having him away from us for a few days at a time. 

4 comments:

crt said...

sorry j is traveling so much. 12 1/2 years later and it still stinks.

Heather said...

I always tell myself, blogs can be printed, facebook cant and isnt saved in any form. Hang in there!
-h

Caslon said...

sorry about the travel - I know that makes things so hard.
Write on here when you can - you can ramble on in ways we can't on facebook and that's nice.

Anonymous said...

I think we're all "prone to wander" and lose sight of the ones we love - those feelings ARE hard. I'm so OFTEN Peter looking at the water instead of looking up to Jesus. I hate those valleys, and wonder HOW MANY TIMES do I have to be taught Peter's lesson? :0) May you find joy today, rest today, comfort today and strength today. Keep looking up! - A