Like you've always known them
About four years ago, I began blogging as a way to post pictures to share with the Grandparents. I quickly decided a needed a place of my own, one where I could write about whatever I thought or felt at the moment. I blame my sister in law for giving me the idea, though her blog is now stagnant. I quickly found friends from my past who introduced me to other Moms like myself in so many ways. Our situations were different, but we found ourselves discussing parenting, individuality, and whatever randomness crossed our minds. Blogging became therapy during difficult transitions, my new friends like an extended family of sorts.
One of those friends moved to the area where we happen to be visiting, er, overstaying our welcome. (I hope it doesn't feel that way to our hosts, and that I am just anxious about all that needs to get done upon our return South.) And she and her family came over last night.
It was wonderful. To see someone you have laughed with and cried with in this virtual reality called cyberspace, to give them a hug or two as if you have known each other forever. To find that they are as honest and real and fun to talk to in person, and that bond you share from communicating is not just imagined, a nd the pseudonym is easily replaced by her real name.
1 comment:
it was great meeting you and the family and I am so glad that the two of you were able to meet in person.
j
Post a Comment