When it all starts coming together, it's still a little crazy.
Of course, with me involved, I think crazy is expected. We have some big changes coming within the next 2 months. No, I am not pregnant and delivering a child in record time. No, we're not welcoming another adopted child into our family. (In case you missed, oh, wait, I have not blogged about it- my sister adopted an adorable baby boy about 2 months ago. He is awesome.)
The kitchen I last posted about? Will be a memory, Lord willing replaced by one with twice as many cabinets and storage space. (I don't think that's too much to expect given the measurements of what I deal with.)
The teenagers playing loudly in the complex pool at 1 a.m. during the summer? Will be the problem of the neighbor below us, who have lived here MAYBE a month and already complained about the resident elephants in our apartment at 7:30 p.m. (I told property management that we were working with the kiddos, but I don't appreciate going onto my balcony and breathing in cigarette smoke. Or my bathrooms. Their smoke comes up through the walls.)
I will be glad to have a real mailbox again, not one reminiscent in size to the little cubbies we had in the dorm in college.
I will park my car in the garage, period. Hubby can have the driveway until we get everything sorted through after the move. I have to wrangle the munchkins, I get the parking. Or maybe we'll get a 3 car.
I will send out "we've moved!" announcements. OR perhaps I will just send e-mails and wait til next Christmas. (That looks likely at this rate.)
Grumpiness aside, things ARE going well. Can't go into details, but God continues to show his faithfulness in all the details, timing is everything, and we know that He'll show the next steps (including whether to rent our buy once we leave the apartment.
The holidays are magical to kids. There's a lot I could probably learn from them. We have a small little tree, a cramped apartment, and my kids are loving the lights and decorations we put up, making treats to bring to our relatives, and dreaming of snow. We live in central Georgia. It's in the 60's on this first day of Winter. But we are headed north, so it's not an unreasonable thing to get excited about.
One of my friends shared yesterday that she wants to bang her head against the wall. I feel the same way quite often. But I can only imagine how brain injury might impact this particular breed of crazy. ;-)
Another friend (Farm Wife) reminisced about the multitude of moves she has endured in her lifetime... I may just have to think back on my moves, but I know it can't be as many as she has been through. :)
1 comment:
Well now, this is certainly exciting!
Post a Comment