Thank God for hotel points!
I think Hubby calculated that between our house hunting trips and the August trip to Memphis, we've used 9 free hotel nights. So I am currently very grateful for his travel, though lately Bear has commented about how much she misses him when he is away for work. Our future home base is en route by detour from where we spent Christmas, and we stopped in to view 3 homes today. Each kiddo is sleeping with a parent because it just works better than way when we're in hotels. I completely forgot to pack our swimsuits, but I did get to take a quick trip to the superstore by myself, and Bear and I split some hot chocolate from the lobby. Those count as vacation moments, right? Since Buddy got carsick about 35 minutes up the road from our first house to view, the kiddos got to help daddy do laundry. I also got to show Bear where we get ice in the hotel since our fridge does not have any. :) (The hot chocolate needed help cooling down to drinkable warm chocolate.) This is not the first house hunting trip we've taken, just the first I have announced publicly.
The chaos is about to set in. When we are here, near the mountains and lakes, we are increasingly excited about the next phase and ready to find a place to settle. When we get to our current hometown, I know the reality of leaving some wonderful new friends will set in. Along with the need-for-meds-inducing-anxiety that may accompany moving. I will also be reserving waffle fry boxes from my favorite restaurant. (Some of our friends were able to get them for us for our last move. Last week, I talked to one of our favorite staff members and she said we could ask management to hold some for us here, too. Whew.)
When it's all said and done, I hope Bear remembers the fun things like hot cocoa making in her jammies and robe, exploring different houses, and our other adventures in preparation for yet another big change.
2 comments:
Okay, you have to explain the waffle fry boxes. Do you mean big boxes that large amounts of prepared fries get shipped in, thus meaning good packing boxes? Or do you mean the waffle fry boxes that come filled with yummy waffle fries and could possibly be used for packing crayons and other little things and then neatly stacking in another real box? Because that would be a moving method I haven't tried, and it sounds interesting. =)
I hope you find a wonderful home. Keep us posted!
Those waffle fry boxes are amazing:) We still have some that have survived many a move.
Post a Comment