winter retreat...
While some might long to retreat from their winter wonderland this weekend, we have opted to retreat northward to experience true winter weather. Baby-bear slept very little on the drive up to her older cousins, and she has already had a grand time being chased by Monarch and Purple Princess, chasing Jessie (the fat cat that doesn't do anything), pushing Purple Princess' old little tikes trike, and climbing the stairs. the older girls try their hardest to keep her downstairs, but our little one is quick.
We were surprised by how far north we had to drive before we saw any snow accumulation... but the beauty of the ice on the trees and the crystals glistening on the ground was worth the wait. The interstates and main roads are clear, and even the neighborhood streets are relatively passable. I find it refreshing to experience a taste of true winter weather... and if it is going to be as cold as it has been lately, we might as well get to see the snow (and play in it, even if it's for a mere 5 minutes or less). We even saw a couple of men ice-fishing on a pond near the interstate. I haven't seen a pond that frozen since... well, definitely since before we move to TN from the MidWest when I was in high school. Perhaps Baby Bear will fall into a snow drift tomorrow (we won't let her sstay there, don't worry.)
Starting last night, Baby-bear has been around her relatives, and I am so grateful. I have fond, ye distant memories of our drives to my cousins' in PA when we were little, including our dog, Gabe playing with their dog, Sheba. (I had to be younger than 5, since Gabe was hit by a school bus when I was in Kindergarten.) Anyway, I am glad she had time with Juliana last night and this morning, and now she gets to be overwhelmed by the exuberance of her older cousins.
It looks like they're expecting more snow tonight.
6 comments:
Not sure how much Indy got last night, but we got a good bit of snow here. Hope Baby Bear enjoys it and you all can get home safely when you're done!
have a great time--be sure to post pictures of Hannah in the deep snow!!
Sounds like fun... I think I saw a few flakes a minute ago... No accumulation expected though.
Hope you all have a great time.
I'm glad you got there safe? Did you get my email yesterday? I thought I sent it early enough! Maybe it's the wrong one, or maybe it's floating around out in cyber-space somewhere!!
Was just wondering if we wanted to try to see each other tomorrow sometime, but with the snow I don't think that will now be possible.... our roads around here are a mess again...
I also told you that I like your new ticker... although it feels wierd to tell someone that you like something like that... I never would have thought to put that kind of ticker on... didn't even know they exsisted premade... it's a cool way to be sure your little is always thought of even if they were only part of us for a short time. Our little one would have been five this July. That doesn't seem possible.
BTW we got a bunch of snow last night and it's still snowing as I type. It's supposed to start blowing anytime now, which will most definitely cover the roads over again. I hope you're having fun and making many memories... I'll be thinking about you guys!!
Grace-
That's really weird. I checked both of my accounts and still have not seen an e-mail from you. jltomas AT netzero DOT net or sra_tomas AT yahoo DOT com (I substituted the words in place of symbols to avoid potential spammers.) I kind of figured with the weather and your family's church responsibilities, getting together might not be easy this time around. But if it still looks like an option, try e-mailing again and let me know.
Everyone-
Baby Bear, like her cousin Purple Princess, thinks the snow is highly over-rated. Not really surprsing, since she was not very excited about it when we got that little bit in tn. We got 3-4 more inches here, I think. Monarch and I made a "tunnel" in the snow. I'll post pics to her blog when I get home; I don't have the cord with me.
Post a Comment