Wednesday, October 31, 2007

i love cable tv

****************
Hubby has some work assignments in the vicinity of where his parents live this week, so Bear and I packed up our vehicle and drove over on Monday. I'm not sure which one of us will miss cable more when we get home. Bear is loving the DVR access to Little Einsteins and Dora. I'm enjoying the break from our usual PBS shows.

One of our friends came over for dinner last night. I made a veggie beef soup recipe from a Southern Living Slow-Cooker recipe book. Except Tech Mom's crock pot is little, so I ended up simmering it on the stove all afternoon. It turned out really, really yummy. And there are plenty of leftovers. I supposed it would be pretty easy to halve the recipe to make a smaller batch.

I finished reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter around 1 a.m. this morning. It was a good read. Of course, I am now pretty groggy since my daughter wakes up before I do. She has ben sleeping in until around7:30.

I should be contacting some other old friends and trying to see them while we're in town. But part of me is just really enjoying relaxing. Maybe I'll feel more social after I shower and brush my teeth....

No comments: