Thursday, October 11, 2007

Refreshed

That's how I feel today. Now I haven't started my chores, so that may change shortly. Bear and I spent some time outside after breakfast. A neighbor's friendly kitty was roaming around our patio, and of course Bear wanted to go outside to pet her. We played with her balls that cannot hold enough air to actually bounce. We watched Mr. Yard guy turn on his sprinklers. We waved byebye to her friends as they left for school, and we went for a short trike ride. We also picked up rocks from our yard and filled half a 5 gallon bucket with them. All while she was still in her footed jammies. We came inside and washed our hands, changed her into some comfy leggings and a cute top from her stash of hand-me-downs from em and mad. I noticed her legs are slimming down some. Now we're watching the "Talking Hands" sign language video. She loves it. She is copying the signs and the words.

Oh, and it was apparently 47 degrees this morning and may not reach 70today. Yay!!! Fall is here! The lawn guy is supposed to aerate the yard today, and after he does that, I plan to extend the flower bed. (Well, I plsn to fo th flower bed within the next couple of weeks.) Still debating on whether or not to create a bed around the mailbox. I bought a bag of "ebony and ivory" tulips at costco yesterday... dark purples, whites, and white-edged purple flowers. 60 bulbs for $13. So now I have to make room for them!! I might hold a few aside for part of my sister's birthday present. I think our girls will have fun helping us plant them. They are in that stage where they want to help with everything, and a little dirt never really hurt a kid. Or a lot of dirt, for that matter.

No comments: