Friday, June 06, 2008

another sling to check out...

As our little guy's due date approaches, I can't help but wonder if he'll be naturally clingy or independent, and the idea of chasing a toddler and carrying an infant seat does not appeal to me. Someone on a birth board swears by the Lite-on-shoulder pouch/hybrid sling.
The price tag is certainly better than some... now to choose a pattern that isn't too girly... hmmm... these are my 2 favorites so far:
"Urban Garden"

"Sandcastle Stripes"

"Fern Batik"

... because little man is sure to spit up on the one Tech Mom makes for me using these fabrics,it will need to be washed on occasion.

8 comments:

Sara said...

I made a blanket from the blue fabric that Tech Mom is using. It's soo pretty (the fabric).

crt said...

urban and fern.
more urban than fern...:-)

crt said...

i voted other because they hated it!!!

Samantha said...

I voted other because I "wore" her by carrying her everywhere. She was never big on the snugli. I wish I would have found out about some of the slings earlier. I started using the hip hammock when she was about 9 months and I continue to use it when we will be doing a lot of walking and she might need a nap. Good luck with babywearing.

I like the urban garden.

Tech Mom said...

I vote the urban gardner too--although I like the fern also. I got my sling rings today--So I need to make tracks--I wish I could make the pouch stitch--it looks great!! Caslon--does Beth have one of these--do you think she would like it??

happymcfamily said...

Love the first one!

Kristi said...

I adore the look of the first one!

Kristi said...

And for your poll, I wore K with the Bjorn (ouch)and R with the Ergo (ahhhh, we still love it!)