Monday, June 02, 2008

I just haven't been in a posting mood lately...

I did reduce the "tornado effect" in our kitchen, dining room, and living room today... it took 2 hours, and I cannot remember the last time I had dusted the piano and mantle. Apparently, neither could Bear. "What are YOU doing?" she asked. But that was better than yesterday's observation that the kitchen floor was so dirty that she could feel the grime on her bare feet... or today's later admonition to "clean the house, Mommy!" I had just spent two hours cleaning. I told her as much and that "Mommy needs a break."

My garden is coming along. I've decided planting seeds does me no good. Of the pack of lavendar I planted, I have one sprig popping up. One. Measley. Tiny. sprig.
I am not giving up on it yet, though. Thankfully, my bulbs/perennials appear to be thriving. 4 of the stargazer bulbs I bought at Wal-mart have poked through. 3 of the asiatics from last year came back, and they will have more blooms than they did last year.... one stem has 7 buds on it. Last year I had 3 on one, but only two actually bloomed. They are also twice as tall. Gramma's hostas and black-eyed susans are thriving. One of my gladiola stalks is approaching the blooming phase... the braided/woven looking stem is poking out above the spiky leaves, and I swear it will hit 4 feet tall by the time it blooms. I may have to stake it up from the weight of the flowers. The clematis has more blooms coming, the purple salvia are thriving, yellow day lillies are in bloom, AND my first calla lily bloomed today! Plus, my cherry tomato plants in the back pot appear to be growing well. I am hoping to see yellow flower on them soon, with fruit soon to follow. Or are tomatoes veggies? I can never remember their official classification. Anyway, Bear eats them like candy, so it will be nice if they produce regardless of their official classification.

Belly is getting tighter. Heartburn is kicking in, especially at night. I could sleep all day. But I am determined to start nesting, whether the instinct kicks in our not. (Knowing me, it won't, so I just have to push myself to get things done.)

There you have it... my blog update. Not much is new.

1 comment:

crt said...

fruit.
garden looks good. mine's currently taking a walk on the wild side. oh well.