Thursday, June 05, 2008

Thoughts

I just learned that another blogger had a miscarriage yesterday. Or blighted ovum. Part of me hopes she doesn't stumble back over here because my blog has pretty much become a pregnancy journal, and I don't want that to hurt her to read. I hadn't been to her blog in ages, no good reason, I just hadn't.

But there was a time when I found myself in a similar situation, not all that long ago in the grand scheme of things. I felt the hope of our baby torn from my heart, and the emotional pain was far worse than the physical. And there were times I felt silly for grieving so much over something that was still practically microscopic.

Please pray for Kimberly as she recovers. I learned that the loss of hope of that one child is not easy. I went on to name my little one something that could be gender neutral, but it took months for me to feel at peace with what happened. No matter how early, blighted ovum or loss of embryo, the hopes dashed when a wanted and loved child is no longer a reality are still a loss.

I pray for all my friends who have lost children, now matter the stage, even if science says there wasn't a baby. I pray that each of you who have kids will hug them a little tighter when they wake up in the morning (or before the go to sleep tonight) and thank God more deeply for them. And for my still-expectant friends, I pray that you and your babies are healthy and well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this sweet post. After all, this is subject that brought us to be virtual pals! (-:

Jen