Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ahh...

That's a sigh of relief. It's been a full hour since we completed a nursing session, and Little Guy is still asleep. He's got to be going through a growth spurt or something, because the past 2 days he has forced me to spend much more time sitting than doing anything else. I don't mind the cuddling; but when he is hungry 10 or 15 minutes later after nursing for a LONG time, it gets frustrating. Oh, well, we'll get through it one way or another.

Hubby is a great Daddy. He has been so good with Bear, making sure she gets to do some special things like paint pictures with him. (He said his paintings are about the same as they were in 3rd or 4th grade).

One of my biggest concerns as Little Guy's birth approached was that PPD would kick in. Oh, I've had a few hormonal mood swings and frustrations already mentioned, but I am thankful that the Lord has sustained me, and given me true joy through the journey this time. The first few weeks of Bear's life were shrouded in a fog of uncertainty, fear, worry about her lack of weight gain, and loneliness due to my partner being far away. As much as I tried not to let that fog consume me, it did. If it weren't for family and friends whom the Lord sent to walk beside me, I really don't think I would have survived. Oh, the family time we've had together since then made the sacrifice worth it, but that does not change the difficulty of the cumulative factors. And I wish I had recognized how deep my struggles were during that time frame, because I'm sure some medication would have been good for me.

Anyway, the journey into life with two kids is much more joyful so far. I love it. I love my husband and my children even more than I could have ever imagined. The way Bear dotes on her baby brother makes me smile; she is so mothering. (And sometimes smothering, we have to keep an eye on her.)

God has been good. He truly is our Sustainer, Creator and Prince of Peace. And every time Bear sees a cross (and sometimes plus sings), she reminds us, "Jesus died on the cross for our sins!" I can't wait to see her tender heart draw nearer to Him as she grows up.

No comments: