Sunday, September 21, 2008

quest for gas

There's one type of gas that is far too prolific in our home. But the fuel shortage is what has our area going completely insane this weekend. I waited 15 minutes in line to top off my tank yesterday, as our other car is almost empty so hubby will drive the SUV to work until gas stations have supplies again. Here's a pic of the view I had from my spot on the road. I just happened to have my camera with me thanks to the baby shower:

8 comments:

crt said...

nate read that a rummer started that your city was running out of gas. there was a mass panic and everyone started filling up their gas tanks which caused that rummer to become true. aahhhh, the beauty of the spoken word.

Grace said...

Inkling and I both have family in your area and both have been sitting for up to two hours to get gas! Insane!!!

Lauren said...

crt... what's a rummer?

not sure when it was just a rumor, but stations were runnning out thursday night. chaos ensued on friday.

2 hours... i feel very glad i pulled off to check the truck stop on the way home.

Grace said...

I did some research on the entire southeastern area, and every article I've read said that every single place that they've run out of gas has been from fear that they're going to and everyone buying several days worth of gas up in one day, not an actual gas shortage. So, basically it all started from a rumor.

Lauren said...

Of course, if gas prices weren't so darn high we would fill our tanks up most days instead of just putting in enough to get by, then the supply/demand issue wouldn't have changed so much.

Oh, well. I still can't believe crt spelled rumor very wrong. ;-)

Sara said...

Wow, I hadn't heard of that happening. Doesn't sound like much fun!

zann said...

you know I've had about three people call me who are heading up here soon from down there asking if we have gas. We had the panic happen last week when ike was making landfall,but things are back to normal this week. Mom thinks its the Nashville news' fault for causing hysteria. Crazy stuff whatever caused it.

Caslon said...

Things are bad here too. Maybe not quite as bad - we don't have long lines - but most stations don't have any gas and those that do run out quickly. I've been very fortunate on my last 2 tanks to not have to wait that long and not run out....