a minor mama milestone
I fit into my size 12 jeans! I guess you could call it pumping the pounds away.... Little Man remains a slow eater, no matter how he's fed. We've reached my goal of mostly breastmilk for the first month, and he is thriving. It feels good to know that he is doing so well. I would quit pumping in a heartbeat, but anyone who has weaned knows it's not that simple, and I inevitably give in and pump to relieve the pressure, so to speak. At least he is satisfied after bottle feedings, unlike after most nursing sessions. In addition to mama's weight loss (almost 15 lbs so far, half of what I gained), baby's weight gain to 9 lb 5 oz is celebrated!
2 comments:
good weight gain-- he is doing just fine!!
even after pumping, and the long haul of breastfeeding for hours on end.. when I finally decided to give up... I didn't have much trouble weaning at all... which leads me to believe that even with all the stimulation I was still not making enough to count. :( I think my boobs were broke.
As long as you can keep it up, I say go for it - he's certainly thriving and who can complain about such great progress on losing the pregnancy weight!
Post a Comment