garden envy
I am trying hard not to cover my neighbors. For my kids? I want to get them a swingset. For me? I want dirt. Yes, I covet my neighbor's dirt.
There is a house down the street with a 3 tier garden into the slope of their side yard. And brick walkway up the center. Framed by posts, not railroad ties but those other landscaping posts.
We met the owners today. And several of the neighbors who were just hanging out in the yard with them. The dad/husband is the one who almost ran us off the nature trail when he gave his daughter a ride on his wife's Spree scooter. Not really, but I had to give him a hard time about the "no motorized vehicles" sign that is posted.
Anyway, the problem with my garden envy is that I want the end result but I'm not sure that I'm ready to commit to the work that a garden requires. Maybe I'll just go buy some large pots and grow cherry tomatoes in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment