Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Felicities: Resumed


PMS and my anxiety issues have reared their evil, ugly head this week.  I hate it when that happens, but it is what it is. When Sara reminded me of this lost attitude adjuster/meme, I decided to try to let go of my pity party, and give them over to the One who created me for so much more.

"The joy of the LORD is my strength." 

So, that ugly stuff aside, here are the things that have made me happy this week:
  • My 2 1/2 year old boy is currently taking spoons out of the drawer, dipping them in my coffee, and licking them, then returning them to the drawer.  Yes, I realize that means I will have to wash all the spoons and the silverware holder in that drawer.  But who can resist a little boy who says, "Mommy, spoon for you!  Drink!"  This is the same boy who returned his sippy  cup to the cabinet after it had been used.  I love how he asserts his independence, even if the result is more work for me.
  • My 5 year old daughter and her obsession with yarn.  There is a pile of snipped pieces on my counter, I have no idea why she loves cutting it so much, but it's one of those endearing things she has picked up. Time for some yarn art with glue and paper in addition to the pieces I find all over.
  • The weather.  Both the sunshine and the rain.  It's fun discovering what the precious owners had in the flowerbeds, and adding my own.  And I am always amazed by how rain perks up the flowers better than watering with our hose.  The kids and I are enjoying being able to play outside, whether it is in the yard or at one of the many parks.  Hubby even rode his motorcycle to work yesterday.  It was chilly in the morning, but perfect on the way home!
  • An old friend's upcoming visit (and meeting the guy who has brought a new dose of joy to her life.)
  • Our basic charcoal grill. We "splurged" on a gas grill at our old house.  The starter went out, and then we gave it away when we moved. We are loving the return to the flavor of charcoal.  Apparently a wild animal loved the leftovers on our scraper, it disappeared one night.
  • My grill-master hubby who cooks meat on that grill.
  • New friends in the making, for me and the littles.  The thought of getting together with people I barely know almost gives me an anxiety attack, but it is worth it in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

((((Lauren)))) I love your felicities!