books, everywhere!
our usborne book order arrived today. one of my friends is a consultant, and i had a show for her a couple of weeks ago.
i have to say, i LOVE the touchy-feely and lift-the-flap books. they will be great vocab builders. baby bear loves them, too. i gave her a preview of her Christmas gifts as well as the ones we are giving to her cousins before naptime. now i have to hide them or she won't wait until Christmas.
i also have to add that usborne's hostess plan is pretty good. i did the show because i wanted to help my friend, who is 15-weeks along with #4. it was nice to reconnect with her and the friends who came, and take care of some shopping without leaving my home! it's easy to get "partied" out, but this one was worth having.
2 comments:
Usborne books are really cool!! We've only got a few, but they're good. Occasionally the Scholastic book orders that the boys bring home have one or two of them, which I can't figure out....isn't that kinda like buyin' a Longaberger basket at Hobby Lobby.
Yah, I sold Tupperware for about 6 months when the boys were 1 & 2. I'd rather have my teeth pulled out than do that again. The only reason I started in the first place was because I had a party for a friend and managed to sell around $1500 worth of stuff, so I got my kit and them some free. I hated it!! Party times were always in the evenings and that's when Smart Guy was either home and I wanted to see him, or he had a meeting at church and couldn't stay with the kids. I just didn't work for us.
they probably cut scholastic a deal since they buy in bulk... kinda like getting avon at sears.
i've been doing jewelry shows on and off for a few years now. i like the flexibility, and the hostess benefits the company gives away. but i'm not a salesperson by nature, so it can still be hard to make more than a little extra money, even though the jewelry does sell itself pretty well.. i don't do more than a show per week, and it gives hubby time with baby bear and gives me a break. i think people get partied out sometimes, and that makes it difficult to get bookings for future shows. but premier has a foundation that donates money to lots of missionaries around the country and world, so it feels good to know their profits are spent wisely.
Post a Comment