because of the "snow"...
hubby moved the carseat to the "beater". (the one with with 102K miles on it that has been involved in 3 wrecks. i call it my idiot magnet, although i must admit that one of the wrecks was my own fault.) he didn't want the salt and crud accumulating on the good car. who cares if we get hit by some moron who can't drive on wet roads, and we all die? as long as the good car is ok...
thankfully, by the time we got on the roads, they were fine, other than wet and salty, as hubby predicted... the carseat remains in the old car for the rest of the weekend. the newer vehicle will remain safely in the garage until next week, when it is sure to pick up some remaining salt and crud off the roads when i take it out for whatever errand needs to be run.
am i the only one who finds this situation a tad comical?
9 comments:
i'm laughing
That's similar to my grandma and mother who try not to use new towels for several years, until after all the others are in rags. That's also like my husband. His main pair of shoes is in tatters - serious rips, etc. - and he has a new pair of the same type given to him by my parents for his birthday. Does he wear them? Only to church and special occasions.
This sounds familiar...Is it my imagination or does salt wash off cars? OK, so I understand him not wanting some idot to total the "good car" while driving on bad roads, but I think I'd rather someone hit me in something a little safer than the old beater.
Guess that's another difference between Men and Women...
I'm sure Lisa Patton was kicking herself the next morning, as she emphasized repeatedly how small the chances were to get any kind of good snow. Of course school was out here too, but they'd been out anyway due to the flu.
He was definitely more worried about the salt than being hit, being the defensive driver who has also been involved in police pursuits (as the chaser, not being chased, of course)... sigh.. we have a $3 car wash less than 5 miles away, too.. I really can't complain, though. He's patiently waiting while I milk my take it easy situation for all it's worth.
How did you know I was specifically talking about Lisa the weather lady, Bec?
inkling-
hubby's grandma does that with the towels, too. his mom swears she's been given new towels, but we rarely see them. crt got her some new dish towels for christmas. i hope they are being used!
I wouldn't bet on it!! She also used to patch sheets when I was little but I don't think she does that anymore!!
I didn't realize how spoiled with clean, salt and crud free cars I had gotten until a few weeks ago when we got our first snow. My van is a nightmare. I think there's more crud on it right now than I had the total three years we were in AL. It only snowed once while I lived there and I was in Nashville at Cleanin' Cuz's house for the weekend and missed it.
I just talked to her a couple hours ago. They got snow too finally. Their 5-year-old, June, was so excited that she put her coat and boots on and went out in her jammies.
Glad they enjoyed it, too. Hubby and I are actually enjoying this taste of winter. The sky has been so pretty.
Post a Comment