once upon a time, fuzzy socks were a luxury i did not think i cared about. raised in an uber-frugal home, there were far more important things on which to spend my parents' money, and later on, my own. well, last year i received a pair of fuzzy slipper socks for Christmas. i fell in love. nothing quite compares to the feeling of soft chenille on your winter-parched feet. this Christmas, i found some on sale. i purchased 2 pair for gifts, and one for myself, in nice, simple black. so inconspicuos that casual observers will not notice that such luxury is included in my casual outfit. (unless they have a foot fetish, God help them.) the last time i went to the gym, i stopped by fashion bug and found the pair pictured above... on sale, of course. there were some bright, sanguine socks in the clearance basket, and then this pair: understatedly funky.... casually cozy.... yeah, something along those lines. worth the money...
this picture shows my feet doing what i've felt like doing all week. and except for a few loads of laundry and meals, this is pretty much all they have done. perhaps i'll make it back to the gym tomorrow.... and while i'm at it, maybe i'll go next door to see if there are any other fuzzy socks on clearance. i may even cut hubby's hair this weekend, as he is about to die from his shag, so he thinks. (me thinks thou art a wee bit melodramatic when it comest to thy shaven locks, my beloved. thy shag is yet shorter than the fuzz on these socks.)
this picture shows my feet doing what i've felt like doing all week. and except for a few loads of laundry and meals, this is pretty much all they have done. perhaps i'll make it back to the gym tomorrow.... and while i'm at it, maybe i'll go next door to see if there are any other fuzzy socks on clearance. i may even cut hubby's hair this weekend, as he is about to die from his shag, so he thinks. (me thinks thou art a wee bit melodramatic when it comest to thy shaven locks, my beloved. thy shag is yet shorter than the fuzz on these socks.)
8 comments:
I love fuzzy socks too!!! I got a set of 3 pairs from Costco while visiting Tech mom a while ago. mine are white and feel sooo good.
Those look yummy! Art just sent me some fuzzy slipper socks and I can't seem to get them off my feet today...I think I may splurge for a pair on my next trip to Wal-Mart (they were on clearance for $2 a pair).
watch out, they are addictive!!!
Both of my girls have gotten them for Christmas and Birthdays.I keep saying I'll get some but never have managed to do it.
Enjoy your socks sweetie!!
I love those socks...Mum and hubby stuffed them in my Christmas stocking one year...They are something wonderful...
Hehe, your socks look like ice cream cones with strawberry ice cream on top. I confess I have no fuzzy socks, but I do keep a collection of what I like to call "Festive" socks. I think you may have inspired me to post. Yeah.. I'm not quite eccentric enough to wear a sweater for every holiday, but I secretly wear holiday socks for every holiday.
Now that's a good idea, Zann. Festive socks are much less um.... obvious.
Post a Comment