What a difference a couple of days makes...
Baby Bear and I went for our first walk of the season. She roamed the front yard, stopping to pet the shrubs and crocus blossoms. Our daffodils are getting taller, so in a week or so, we should have blossoms. Oh, and just because I am in the south, does not mean I will tarnish the daffodil name and call them buttercups. Buttercups are a different yellow flower, one that I used to pick near the woods down the street from my house as a little girl. While the color may be similar, daffodils are much taller and have larger blossoms.
After Baby Bear pet the green stuff, we walked two houses down before she asked to be picked up. So we returned to the house, where I put her in the stroller, and we went for a real walk. We passed 3 other moms who were out and about in the warm, sunny and fresh air. One was talking on her cell as she pushed her little girl, one was holding her 3 month old son with one arm and the dog's leash with the other, and the other was speed walking with her stroller and looked too young to be a mom. Maybe she was the babysitter.
Perhaps we can go buy some more flowers to plant this weekend. The crocus bulbs are pretty, but our yard could use more color. Anyone want to dig in the dirt for me? Just kidding, I find it rather invigorating... until I have to scrub the dirt out from underneath my nails. Even when I wear garden gloves, some dirt manages to creep in through the tiny holes and paste itself into my skin.
2 comments:
sounds nice to be outside--I am jealous as we work in the lab with no windows!!
Pace yourself out there with all your planting (bulbs should be good though). Old man winter has at least one or two more winter "storms" up his sleeve and quite a few more frosts before spring actually arrives. I'd bet money on it. But it is nice to get a taste of it for a couple of days. I'm looking forward to enjoying it this weekend.
Post a Comment