Baby Bear is asleep, following a fun-filled and very festive weekend. We had a big family birthday party for her on Saturday, and I've posted lots of pics on her blog, aka my online scrapbook. I really need to work on her real scrapbook.
You know your 2 year old is tired when:
a) she says "night-night" at the dinner table
b) she practically falls asleep on her daddy while finishing her sippy cup of milk
c) after proclaiming "'all done!" she throws her empty cup on the ground and proceeds to start snoring while in her daddy's arms
...at 5:20 p.m.
She loved having her cousins and some of her aunts and uncles and both sets of grandparents come visit. We missed those who were not able to make it, but hope to see them soon! She received sooo many wonderful gifts. One of the best gifts was the cake which my talented and crafty sister designed and made. She's just begun teaching herself to decorate cakes, but she does it like a pro already. After everyone left, hubby and I took turns taking naps. He slept on the couch while Bear and I went upstairs to play, then he and Bear played while I napped. He even cleaned up some for me! I woke up to a not-crumby kitchen floor, the card table and chairs were put away, and the rocking chair had been returned to the nursery.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great celebration weekend!
When you get some of those real scrapbook pages done, we'd love to see 'em over at nundge-nudge too. :)
Well happy birthday to the little one . . .
I really like days like that .. . our own little girl is celebrating Saturday with her friends, and Friday evening with her beloved uncles.
I hope for a day like yours.
Post a Comment