cantaloupe update....
mr. beaver or woodchuck, whatever he may be, has left my cantaloupe plants alone for the past severral weeks. there are now 5 or 6 tiny cantaloupe (the size of the tip of my pinky or smaller) in the pot. i have picked off several flowers in hopes of sending the energy from the plant to the fruits that are already forming. i seriously doubt they'll be big enough to ripen and eat before the first frost, but it is the south, so stranger things have happened.
maybe i'll bring fresh cantaloupe planted by em and mad to their house for thanksgiving dinner?!?
4 comments:
sounds yummy. we have two growing right now. at least we did last i checked on them. a plague of crane flies be upon our backyard and we haven't been out back in several weeks.
With this freaky Indian Summer thing going on, they may just make it!
my fingers are crossed that they make it to Thanksgiving!
I still have tomatoes ripe for the pickin' and more and more appearing everyday despite the drought and crazy weather. Some are splitting and yucky but we still get 5or more edible ones every visit to the garden.
Good luck!!
I wish I had a garden. My mom always grew stuff every spring. Much to the chagrin of all the neighbors who were "forced" to partake of the bounty : .) (Lots of cukes and zuchinni squash!) I hope your cantelope make it! Sometimes those squirms are tricky!!! hee!!!
Post a Comment